Prevention and awareness campaign programs
Stroke Association Support network-Ghana is committed to increasing awareness and prevention of stroke. We have developed several programmes to improve community awareness of the risk factors and the signs of stroke, and improve the detection and management of blood pressure. These programs can help your patients become stroke safe and we encourage you to share information with them.
• F.A.S.T: the F.A.S.T campaign teaches Ghanaians the most common signs of stroke – Face weakness, Arm weakness, and Speech difficulties and prompts them it’s Time to act FAST. Health professionals are encouraged to use FAST to raise awareness of stroke and stroke prevention with their patients, friends and relatives.
• KNOW YOUR NUMBERS: this program aims to raise awareness of high blood pressure in the community and work in partnership with pharmacies to have community health check stations and information available.
• STROKE ASSOCIATION SUPPORTNETWORK-GHANA: enables opportunistic health checks in community settings, including workplaces, pharmacy, community clubs and events, to give individuals a better understanding of their risk factors for stroke.
• NATIONAL STROKE WEEK: every year, there is a week of activities focused on raising awareness of stroke. Free resource packs are available to support workplaces, community groups, pharmacies and health professionals to get involved.
• EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES: the Organization has developed a range of information about stroke awareness and prevention that health professionals can provide to their patients or community.